WCC is committed to be...
Always About Jesus
- Jesus is our Lord and King and Savior. We gather as His people to listen to His instructions so that we might rightly learn from Him to further obey Him and worship Him.
- Jesus' mission is to gather people together to worship in spirit and truth. We are actively joining in His work in our world to proclaim His Gospel and build up His people in His truth.
- Jesus' truths will never be exhausted; therefore none of us have "arrived". Thus, we are always pursuing greater faithfulness to Christ and humbly recalibrating our lives and beliefs more closely to God's Word.
- Jesus leads us and we wait for Him to lead us before we take action. If He does not seem to lead us in something we were hoping to do, we will follow Him rather than our preferences. Also, we seek to obey Him in direct obedience to His Word as well as in the private details of things like prayer, preparation, personal holiness, etc.
- Jesus calls us to live in unity with one another. When it comes to matters of personal preferences, we will put other people ahead of ourselves. When it comes to matters of the Word, we pursue accuracy and will not place relationships over scripture. When it comes to matters of disagreement, we will believe the best and seek to speak the truth in love and respect.